7 Astounding Winter Food To Keep You Warm
As the temperature drops, the body needs extra calories to keep warm. We resort to hot cups of coffee and melting hot chocolate, not realizing that they are doing more harm than good. Not only you are adding unhealthy calories, but you’re also affecting your internal systems- the high sugar content in comfort foods leads to many blood pressure and digestive problems.
How does one stay warm AND strong in winters? By choosing the right diet of course! Here are top
7 foods you must include in your diet to stay healthy this winter season.
- Green Tea: A cup of hot green tea is rejuvenating and has great de-stressing properties. It also helps in fighting infections like the flu and helps maintain great digestive health. What’s more, a cup of green tea also helps speed up metabolism and helps in weight management!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is known to boost metabolism, which in turn leads to the generation of heat. It also helps build immunity and protects against cold and cough.
- Fresh fruits: Fresh fruits like papaya, pomegranate and oranges are great for the winter season! They are rich in Vitamin C, and thus help build immunity and fight the common cold and other infections. They are also great for hair and skin.
- Dates: Dates help you stay warm as well as infection free! They contain nutrients like iron, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Copper, Magnesium and a lot more. They are also high in fiber and help promote great digestive health. They’re also god for effective blood circulation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has been used as a medicinal spice since time immemorial. Not only does it add flavor and color to the food, but also helps fight infection with its anti-inflammatory properties. A pinch taken with milk helps keep the body warm.
- Honey: Honey is the best medicine for the winters! It keeps you warm and helps build a stronger immunity. It also aids digestion.
- Desi Ghee: According to Ayurveda desi ghee is one of the most easily digestible fats used for cooking and provided the much-needed warmth. Ghee is a natural remedy for balancing the heating element (pitta) of the body. It aids in digestion, prevents constipation and helps in the excretion of toxins. It not only keeps you warm but also increases your immunity and protects you against cold and flu. Eating onions fried in desi ghee is known to soothe and treat a sore throat.
Please like, comment & share the article.
Dietitian Vinita Jaiswal