Health Benefits of Dates | Top 16 Startling Benefits of Eating Dates
- Diet Balancing: Dates are rich in dietary fiber that free us from cholesterol and contain very low fat that result in weight loss. It also helps in keeping weight at a normal and balanced level for diet conscious people.
- Prevent Digestive Problems: Fresh dates are soft and easily digestible. It helps improve your digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different types of amino acids.
- Nervous System Health: The vitamins present in dates make it an ideal boost to nervous system health and functionality. Potassium is one of the prime ingredients in promoting a healthy and responsive nervous system, and it also improves the speed and alertness of brain activity. Therefore, dates are a wonderful food source for people as they begin to age and their nervous system becomes sluggish or unsupported, as well as for people who want to keep their mind sharp.
- Sexual Weakness: Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak a handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk overnight, then grind them in the same milk with a mixture of cardamom powder and honey. This mixture becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sexual endurance and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders. The high levels of estradiol and flavonoid components of dates are what increase sperm count and motility, as well as promoting increased testes size and weight. So, if you are looking for a masculine boost, eat some dates, because they are a great natural aphrodisiac!
- Keeps your Heart Healthy: Dates have a high source of potassium and low level of sodium that keep your nervous system and heart healthy.
- Prevent Anemia: The high iron content in the fruit is beneficial for those suffering from anaemia and boosts the amount of iron in their blood.
- Reduce Constipation: Dates are a healthy laxative food item that can prevent chronic constipation. Soaking dates overnight in water and having it with water reduces constipation.
- Cures Eyesight Problem: It helps to improve your eyesight and reduces the chances of getting night blindness.
- Energy Booster: Dates contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose that help in boosting your energy level. It has low calories and it is very suitable for health conscious people.
- Strengthen Bones: Dates strengthen your bones and keep them healthy because they contain selenium, manganese, copper and magnesium.
- Relief from Intoxication: Dates are commonly used as a remedy to cure alcoholic intoxication. You can soak the dates overnight and have the next day to prevent severe hangovers.
- Allergies: Dates contain organic sulfur that helps in reducing allergies in general and seasonal allergies.
- Diarrhoea: Ripe dates contain a high amount of potassium that is effective in preventing diarrhoea.
- Dates and a Healthy Pregnancy: Dates are rich in iron content, so an intake of the fruit by the pregnant mother protects the mother and the baby from anaemia. It also prevents several problems such as bloatedness, bowel pain and intestinal difficulties that occur in women during pregnancy period. It improves the uterus muscles and smoothens the passage during delivery time. It also prevents haemorrhage soon after childbirth.
- Dates for Healthy Hair: Dates are rich in iron content that promotes healthy circulation of blood flow to scalp thus helping healthy hair growth.
- Date fruit for Face Pack: First you need to take 5-10 pieces of fresh dates and add half a lemon or orange. Remove the seeds and grind the dates along with lemon or orange till it turns thick like a paste. Before applying wash your face with cold water and apply this as a face pack. Keep lightly splashing a little water in the face to prevent the pack from drying up soon and leave the pack for 10-15 minutes. Wash off your face with cold water and use a towel to wipe your face. Try out dates face pack and feel the difference in your appearance.