To Lose Weight – Do Not Skip Break Fast
If you are on a weight loss program then BREAKFAST is one of your most essential morning diet that you can not afford to skip. A healthy & nutritious Breakfast not only energies your day but also helps in keeping your body Healthy & Fit.
Breakfast is an essential meal of the day as a nutritious & low-calorie Breakfast helps you in losing weight.
Breakfast literally means breaking the fast. Since our body doesn’t consume anything after dinner till we wake up the next morning after a haul of about 7 to 8 hours, it needs the necessary fuel to get started. Therefore, your first meal of the day should be both wholesome and nutritious. With the above-listed options, you can ensure they are weight loss-friendly too!
Skipping Breakfast not only hampers your weight loss goals, but it might just result in piling on more weight. At the same time, it isn’t just enough to have your breakfast. The food you pick can affect the inches around your tummy too. Let me explain how.
Skipping your breakfast will result in slowing down your metabolism which is the highest in the morning. To sustain metabolism in the morning, you must have a mix of complex carbs and proteins. Eating only carbs will result in spike in sugar levels, which would ultimately be stored as fats. Hence replace your carbs with complex carbs, they are also loaded with fibers which keeps you full longer, preventing the unwanted binges. On the other hand, protein takes the longest to digest, which sustains your metabolism and aids in weight loss.”
Here are seven(7) breakfast options that will help you with cutting down on your excess pounds –
- Chila: Light on the stomach, and made with hardly any oil, chila is a pancake-like dish, and just like a dosa, it is made from gram flour or moong dal batter, which is mixed with onion, tomato and masalas.
- Cereal with Skimmed Milk: “The ideal combination of complex carbs and protein, cereals or muesli with skimmed milk is a sumptuous and filling breakfast combination people can have if they want to lose weight,”
- Paneer or Dal Paratha with Curd: Paneer or Dal Parantha with curd as a delicious and protein filled option, which could also serve as a great option if you are on a weight loss spree. Just make sure the parathas are not deep fried, also keep a check on the spread of butter over the parathas.
- Steamed Idli: According to WHO(World Health Organization),Idli is one of the world’s most nutritious breakfast meal.The soft and cushiony idli is light, easy to make and serves as a great breakfast option.
- Poha: Maharashtra’s staple breakfast poha is highly recommended because it is one of the best breakfast options for those looking to lose weight as it can be prepared with very less oil. Poha is basically flattened rice, often seasoned with salt and pepper to make into a delicious snack. It is very easy to prepare POHA made with onions, potatoes and seasoning like chillies, lemon and curry leaves.
- Sprouts: A bowl of fresh and colourful sprouts could help you shed the extra kilos with ease. Give your mornings a healthy spin by soaking chickpeas, moong dal or some legumes in water and have them as healthy and nutritious sprouts. Have them alone, or add some freshly chopped veggies like cucumber and tomatoes, and season it with some salt and pepper.
- Eggs Poached: POACHED EGGS is as one of the best weight loss breakfast alternatives. “With high quality proteins and fat soluble vitamins, egg is the perfect treat for anyone looking to lose weight.” Spruce up your poached eggs with herbs and spices for extra zing. Eggs in any form – omelette, poached or scramble – are great for weight loss.
For a customized & effective Weight Loss Plan consult me
Nutritionist Vinita Jaiswal
Weight Loss & Wellness Expert