Banana – An Amazing Healthy Fruit
Wonderfully sweet with firm and creamy flesh, bananas come prepackaged in their own yellow jackets and are available for harvest throughout the year.
Creamy, rich, and sweet, bananas are a favourite food for everyone from infants to elders. They could not be more convenient to enjoy, and they are a good source of both vitamins and minerals, as well as fibre.
Top 24 amazing Health Benefits of Eating Banana
1. Cardiovascular Health and Bananas
The first type of cardiovascular benefit from bananas is related to their potassium content. Bananas are a good source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function. Since one medium-sized banana contains a whopping 400-plus mg of potassium, the inclusion of bananas in your routine meal plan may help to prevent high blood pressure and protect against atherosclerosis.
The effectiveness of potassium-rich foods such as bananas in lowering blood pressure has been demonstrated by a number of studies. Men who ate diets higher in potassium-rich foods, as well as foods high in magnesium and cereal fibre, had a substantially reduced risk of stroke.
We rank bananas as a good source of fibre. Approximately one-third of the fibre in bananas is water-soluble fibre. For one medium-sized banana, this amount translates into 1 gram of soluble fibre per banana. Soluble fibre in food is a type of fibre especially associated with decreased risk of heart disease, making regular intake of bananas a potentially helpful approach to lowering your heart disease risk.
2. Bananas’ Digestive Benefits
Bananas are a fascinating fruit in terms of their carbohydrate and sugar content. Even though bananas are a fruit that tastes quite sweet when ripe—containing 14-15 grams of total sugar—bananas receive a rating of low in their glycemic index (GI) value. GI measures the impact of a food on our blood sugar.
3. Athletic Performance and Bananas
The unique mix of vitamins, minerals, and low glycemic carbohydrates in bananas has made them a favourite fruit among endurance athletes. Their easy portability, low expense, and great taste also help support their popularity in this exclusive group.
Bananas have long been valued by athletes for prevention of muscle cramps. Since bananas are a good source of potassium, and since low potassium levels are known to contribute to the risk of muscle cramps, it is logical to think about the potassium content of bananas as being the reason for fewer muscle cramps after consumption of bananas. There is actually some recent research in support of this reasoning. In a recent study, consumption of one or two bananas prior to an hour of exercise was shown to keep blood potassium levels higher after the training.
4. Bananas are high in potassium, pectin, tryptophan, iron, fibre, b-vitamins, magnesium, and more.
5. Bananas can ease stomach aches. They aid in digestion, help the body absorb nutrients, help with bowel motility, help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea, and provide relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
6. Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
7. Bananas can cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, and protect again blindness.
8. Bananas improve cognitive function and can raise your IQ.
9. They also protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
10. Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
11. Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
12. Bananas can stabilize blood sugar by having them as a snack between breakfast and lunch.
13. Used a source of energy and/or pre-workout.
14. They help reduce muscle cramps.
15. Bananas greatly aid in weight loss.
16. Bananas can free up free radicals because of their source of antioxidants.
17. Because bananas are low on the sodium scale, they are able to lower blood pressure.
18. For those who are anaemia, bananas are also a source of iron.
19. Since Bananas have tryptophan, the mood-enhancing compound, it can relieve PMS symptoms as well as improve seasonal depression, and relaxes the body by reducing cortisol.
20. Bananas also reduce swelling of muscles.
21. They can stop irritation and dismiss warts by placing the inside of a banana peel on the affected area.
22. Bananas can increase calcium absorption thus, increasing the strength of bones.
23. Strengthen the nervous system because of its B-vitamin complex.
24. Helps with the production of white blood cells.
Conclusion- Eating Banana is highly beneficial to achieve good health because of its various nutritional benefits.
Spread the word of good health by sharing & liking this article.
Dietitian Vinita Jaiswal