13 Easy Ways To Get Freedom From Obesity
India after 70 years of Independence is getting rich economically but poorer physically.
India is home to approximately 6.5 crore Indians are suffering from Obesity/Over Weight. More Women are suffering from Obesity than Men and the percentage of an obese population is higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
Comfortable lifestyle & Higher chucking income is the root cause for a higher number of overweight Indians.
After 70 years of Independence, we have more food to eat but we are not wise enough to eat the food with right nutrition.
Excess weight gain is an open invitation to multiple health ailments.
Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Weight loss through Healthy Diet & Nutrition is not only effective but 100% natural.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science.Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management.
- Taste: Balanced Diet recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one’s daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one’s body. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Hot Water: Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages.
- Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break everyone hour can prove to be beneficial.
- Drink a Mixture Of Lemon, Honey, and Water First Thing in the Morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey, and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system.
- Meditate for At Least 10 Minutes a Day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles, and nerves and reduces stress. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you from binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do At Least 30 Minutes of Exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight.
- Consider Your Diet According to the Season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat Three Meals a Day, Not More: According to research, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Go To Bed Early and Rise Early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain.
- Don’t eat sugar and avoid sugar-sweetened drinksAdded sugar is very unhealthy.Studies show that it has uniquely harmful effects on metabolic health Sugar is half glucose, half fructose, and fructose can only be metabolized by the liver in any significant amount.
- Eating more protein is a great long-term strategy to reduce belly fat.Protein is the most important macronutrient when it comes to losing weight.It has been shown to reduce cravings by 60%, boost metabolism by 80-100 calories per day and help you eat up to 441 fewer calories per day.
- Cut carbs from your diet Carb restriction is a very effective way to lose fat.
This is supported by numerous studies. When people cut carbs, their appetite goes down and they lose weight.
Eat foods rich in fiber, especially viscous fiber Dietary fiber is mostly indigestible plant matter.
It is often claimed that eating plenty of fiber can help with weight loss.
This is true, but it’s important to keep in mind that not all fiber is created equal.
Track your foods and figure out exactly what and how much you are eating
What you eat is important. Pretty much everyone knows this.
However, surprisingly, most people actually don’t have a clue what they are really eating.
I think that for anyone who truly wants to optimize their diet, tracking things for a while is absolutely essential.
Let’s make India Healthy & Fit.
Wishing everyone Happy Independence Day.
Dietitian Vinita Jaiswal